1.01.2008

You really should start thinking about portfolios

Speak Up › Small Design Ephemera: The Alternative Portfolio

A designer I met earlier this year, John Walsh, who paid me a visit while traveling in New York all the way from Manchester, UK was kind enough to gift me with an alternative portfolio. A hand-bound eight-by-eight-inch book with colorful tassels hanging from the spine, in a black cardboard sandwiched set of glossy pages with a rough-hewn look and feel that was hard to resist. A one of a kind book. Just for me. Inside, it was filled with loose images, logos, typographic treatments, spreads (or parts of spreads) and other things that may or may not be part of other projects...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really are blog-crazy aren't you PB? Well I've not been working much the last few months, and now its time to get serious about finding a job that I can work more than 10 hours a week at. So right now I am going around collecting references, and I was hoping you might be interested in being a reference for me, despite the hard times I gave you in the classroom with all my persistent and off color commentaries. If you'd be so kind as to write back with a phone number and email I could list you at, it woud be much appreciated.

Your Graduate,
James M-C